Friday, September 14, 2012

Day 257 - Lisa

I've been on vacation for a week.  The plan was to be able to focus just on our house.  I knew relaxing would not really be part of the plan but I wasn't expecting the daily trips to Lowes, Home Depot and Target.  Sometimes just one of the three, sometimes all three.  I think I've cussed more in one week than a whole year.  No wonder my Dad always said, "Babe, just call someone to do <fill in the blank>.  As anyone who owns a home knows you start one thing and it leads to another or you get two surprise problems trying to fix one.  I'm worn out and my mom keeps laughing and saying, "you need to go back to work to get some rest." All I can say is thank GOD for my cordless screwdriver and drill!  My biggest concern this week is my apparent lack of focus.  Why can I remember thirty things to do in one day at work but at home I haven't been able to remember what I went up OR down the stairs for?  I'm beginning to think home repairs & decorating are the true blame for dementia!

No comments:

Post a Comment