Saturday, September 15, 2012

Day 258 - Lisa

What do I have a lot of besides CD's?  Cats and books!  So I had to find something to house what I have in an "adult" way.  I didn't want to spend a lot of money because well I don't know how long I'm going to be here.  Not on Earth, I mean in Georgia so I tried to do the old design on a dime (yeah I watch too much HGTV).  Target had these cubes on sale.  Hey that might work I thought! They are low and do not take but a ton of space dominating my room.  Two days later and a whole lot of cussing I finished them.  They were simple enough to put together IF they had all the holes pre-drilled and IF the instructions would have matched.  I finally pitched the instructions and drilled my own holes.  Now I know why they were on sale.  Another day at the ole Money Pit.  On the bright side it was fun unwrapping all my kitties and thinking about the people who gave them to me (Marcella, Lula, Tia Trudy, Jeff, and mostly my Tia Connie) or the place I was visiting when I purchased one:  Florida, British Columbia-Canada, Oregon, New York and Cali-Ventura, Pacific Grove, Carmel & San Francisco.  The cat in the dress shoved way in at the bottom scares the you know what out of me, it's freaky with the doll dress and weird, I'm on crack, yellow eyes, I'm always scared it's going to come alive like that Karen Black Trilogy of Terror Zuni warrior or Chucky.  I keep it because my Tia Connie was so excited to give it to me when I visited her up in Paradise.  "Oh thanks Tia that's really, um, cool."  I said in sheer horror.  I did not have the heart to tell her I was freaking out.  So there it sits honoring my Tia Connie cause when I really think about it, it's fitting.  She scared the you know what out of me quite a bit growing up too.  And her eyes would get kind of big and glowing when she was ranting.  LOL Thank God she gave me other good memories as well.  ;>

No comments:

Post a Comment