Sunday, July 01, 2012

Day 182 - Lisa

Today we all slept in a little.  We went to CNN for the Studio Tour in the early afternoon because it is "right" next door to Philips Arena where the Michael Jackson, THE IMMORTAL WORLD TOUR, by Cirque du Soleil was playing and we had tickets.  We are multi-generational fans of MJ so we were all looking forward to it.  The show did not disappoint.  Yes, I think you have to be a fan and no, it did not have the typical Cirque acrobats I've seen before in their other shows but it was still fantastic.  The special effects, imagination, dancing, costumes and live band along with the play against the videos was awesome to us.  Seems everyone around us loved it too.  We were 2 rows from center stage on the floor.  The performers would come right up to our area.  The opening about Michael's childhood and the projected pictures in the opening segment had me bawling like a baby, really emotional.  I mean this was my first crush, my childhood was filled with Jackson Five music.  I waited for each 45 and album to come out, watched the cartoons, read all about them in Tiger Beat.  LOL!  So for me, personally, it was a bit of closure regarding his death.  Say what you want about his later issues, Michael was a musical genius and we grew up together so I was very pleased to be able to see this show as I never got to see him perform live.

Oh yeah the picture on the bottom is me sweating while playing peewee golf last night.  The kid so owes us when he's older!






No comments:

Post a Comment