Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 27 - Lisa

I feel like Lucy as in "I Love Lucy" a lot.  Usually Ethel is played by my sister but this time my "Ethel" is a good friend who resides in St. Thomas of the Virgin Islands.  Today I came home to a package on my bed.  I loathe shopping, as in going to the Mall, but shopping online is SO fun.  So I know it was not a shock to my mom to open the door to the FedEx guy handing her a package, I mean it was just yesterday she received the tamale pot.  I did not remember ordering anything from Amazon so before I settled in for the night (put on PJ's and ate dinner) I opened the box.  An Apple TV?  Huh?  Sure, I've wanted one of these but I do not remember ordering.  I exam the receipt over and over.  It states it's a gift.  A gift?  Who?  My sister, nah.  She's not techie enough to think to get me this.  Maybe my boss?  My mom?  Nothing makes sense.  So I go online and pull up my order history on Amazon, maybe with these crazy hours I've been working I completely forgot.  Nothing there.  My mom says, "call their Customer Service."  I do - yes it was supposed to go to me, it's a gift, they will not tell me who the purchaser is.  Alrighty!  After all that I decide to "hook the sucker up."  After about 45min I'm listening to music from my TV, deciding what movies to watch and smiling at the thought of being able to watch 162 SF Giants games from MLB all due to my new Apple TV.  Woohoo!  I gleefully post onto FaceBook about my surprise gift and go to bed happy.

Next morning while still discussing it on FaceBook, my friend Tammy private messages me.  "Um Lisa, that's my Apple TV."  Ding!  Ding!  Ding!  "Oh caca."  I had forgotten that Tammy was having something shipped to me.  LOL!  We do this every so often because a lot of companies will not ship to the VI's.  So she orders, has it shipped to me and then I ship to her.  We are laughing, I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.  She keeps stating, "I never ordered it as a gift."  I, we, assume Amazon had to have made a mistake.  Tammy graciously tells me I can just pack it up USED and ship it to her.  

What?  I'm hooked now.  It's all set-up.  I'm using it.  I love it.  So, I go to Amazon.com and I order her a new Apple TV.  This has to be a new marketing ploy.  Something Amazon and Apple cooked up - Amazon probably gets a kick back for every Apple TV they ship to some random customer "as a gift."  

Oh well, I'm happy and Tammy will be happy at the end of this week.  All I know is thankfully she did not order a CAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment