Saturday, December 29, 2012

Day 363 - Sis

This is a white cake snowball that somehow still hasn't been eaten in our house.  It reminds me of the 50's, when I was a kid, during the holiday season only, a tv commercial would play advertising this Flaming Snowball dessert.  Oh I would just drool and wonder if I would ever have enough money to buy and eat one. I mean, vanilla ice cream covered in coconut with the festive frosting of holly, berries and a candle to light!  So elegant looking when the lady in the commercial would serve it on a beautiful table with the lighted candle.  Such a dream of mine and finally realized when I was an adult.  Of course it couldn't meet my expectations or taste in desserts by the time I could afford it. Vanilla isn't a flavor I'm fond of and the the candle made it start to melt. There it was a dish of melted ice cream with coconut floating in it, another dream lost.


No comments:

Post a Comment