Thursday, September 27, 2012

Day 270 - Sis


I know I'm not the only one who wonders what to do with old contracts, cancelled credit cards statements, checks and taxes.  Today I went to Publications.USA.gov  and asked the question.  Are you kidding?  The IRS usually audits someone in the last three years of their taxes filed but could come looking for them up to six years. This led me to think eight years should be prudent, not stopping to think how many years of paper I must destroy.  So this bag full of what's considered worthless, is what I have so far, with many hours of plugging through plenty more.  It's amazing the really foolish ways some of us spend money and man if you think the tax rate is bad now, a few decades ago it was ridiculous! And yet many of these receipts, loans, charges, donations, house and cars bought, could provide a whole lifetime of stories.  Tsk, tsk.












No comments:

Post a Comment