Saturday, August 25, 2012

Day 237 - Lisa

My cousin Ruben made this stand for my mom, his Godmother, when he was about 14 or 15 years old so that makes the stand approximately 33 years old.  It leans a bit and it's had about 4 coats of paint but it's still functional.  In fact, we are convinced the paint is the only thing holding it together.  It's been to LA, Chicago, Livermore and now ATL as my mom gave it to me when I moved out, then it reunited with her when we bought our home in Livermore together.  It's well traveled.  It's had a wide variety of plants live on it, it's held snowman, nutcrackers, angels, roosters, candles, pictures, lights and pets on it's three platforms.  Some material things have so many memories attached to them it's impossible to say goodbye.  So red she be!  I'm thinking a really healthy purple Wandering Jew belongs on top.  So many jokes to make over that last sentence.  Nah, I'll leave it alone for now.  ;>


No comments:

Post a Comment