Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 147 - Sis

Even though I've never been a huge fan of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, I did want to see this play. It has had rave reviews and a few family members also have said they loved it. It was an interesting story and in part, a telling one about Frankie Valli as a guy with honor when it came to family or friends. The other three guys stories were also interesting.  The set design, lighting etc. were all good. I had a slight headache when the play started and a screaming one when it ended. Falsetto voices can be a great sound in some do wop types of songs, but in the Four Seasons case. it was extremely painful and overkill for me. When they sang "Rag Doll" thought my head was going to explode! For the others in the audience it was a happening. I mean, even that was little weird watching all these people my age, OLD, reliving their youth. I guess. My daughter, who attended with me, was just as bewildered as I was.


No comments:

Post a Comment