Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 45 - Lisa

Valentine's Day!  A big whatever from me.  Never, ever got it.  In or out of love.  After two years of working at Hallmark there are few things that can still get my blood pressure up; Precious Moments, Hello Kitty and Valentine's Day.  I will never forget the not one or two but many men who'd say to me sweetly, "Miss can you help me pick out cards for my mother, wife and GIRLFRIEND?"  Um, no scumbag, I can't.  I should have known then Customer Service was really not my bag.  So this morning I was a tad overwhelmed when the goodies and excitement swirled around me at work.  Cookies!  Cupcakes!  Donuts!  Decorations!  Wow!  These Southerns take their Valentine's pretty seriously.  So I sucked it up and had a cupcake for breakfast to celebrate.  The banana balanced things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment