Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Day 32 - Lisa

Such sad and shocking news today regarding Don Cornelius.  A flood of memories rushed through my head.  Growing up, it was not a Saturday morning if we did not tune into Soul Train.  We could not wait to find out which guest star(s) would be performing.  What the regular dancers would be wearing.  Seeing the newest moves, trying to guess the Scramble Board, watching the train at the commercial breaks.  It was hip, it was now and it was US!  Us as in represented my cousins, my friends, my neighborhood.  I could relate to the music, the music I love - this was the ONLY place I was going to see it back then.  George Clinton & the P Funk was not on American Bandstand.  We liked Bandstand ok, I liked Dick Clark but what was spinning or going to be spinning on my turntable was on Soul Train.  What 45 I saved up for came from watching Soul Train or listening to KSOL in the Bay Area.  RIP Mr. Cornelius.  I hope for whatever reasons you felt compelled to take your life is now eased.  For everyone else?  I wish you nothing but LOVE, PEACE and SOUL!







































No comments:

Post a Comment