Friday, January 06, 2012

Day 6 - Sis

While home for the holidays we visited a small museum that displayed the old amusement park history of the entire West Coast. When my late husband, Terry, and I dated we would go to San Francisco to Playland At The Beach with our friends. It was a big deal for us, we enjoyed the area it was in and the rides. That's a lie. There was this one particular ride I dreaded and hated because it was one of my husband's favorites and that's why I rode it. The WILD MOUSE! A two seated car on a tightly wound track of turns and dips, pretty much like the big boy roller coasters only you didn't sit side by side. Boy it seemed faster and scarier than any ride I had ever been on. Also being nearsighted and not wearing glasses, (not cool then ), I only saw blurs so when it would come to a turn, it didn't look like a turn to me, more like a launching pad. Of course being the shorter one I got the front seat. Reminds me of a War song, "That's What Love Will Do."


No comments:

Post a Comment