Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 21 - Lisa

The unthinkable has happen!  There are a ton of reasons to miss my sister and be sad that we have lived far away from each other for four years.  Yeah, she's a pretty cool person to hang out with, she's married to an ok guy, she gave me a decent nephew, her dog and cat are cute.  These are all trivial when you put them up against my current predicament.  Since the late 80's, being my sister is allergic to just about every fragrance ever made, I've been the lucky recipient of all body wash and lotions she received each year as holiday and thank you gifts for being a teacher, an ok, sorta pretty good at her job, parents might love her a tad kind of teacher.  How does this affect me you ask?  Well, sister the soap well has run dry!  And now that I'm facing the loss of my hard earned money to fork out for "my" body soap for the first time in 22 + years, I'm feeling a bit perplexed.  As I reached for my favorite Gardenia scented bottle of body wash and my loofah did not sud up while taking a shower just now I thought why has the well run dry?  Has someone taken my place?  Nooooooo, I mean I'm her ONLY sister!  Or have parents become cheaper?  Well, there is the whole economy thing.  Still how dare they not reward her good work with giving me a soft feeling, flowery scented body.  Or wait!  Curse the invention of gift cards.  Now she actually gets to buy things she likes and not give me all her gifts.  <sigh>  

1 comment:

  1. That is funny! I'm allergic to everything!!! Fragrance, medications...you name it! I wonder is this genetic or the family curse:)

    ReplyDelete