Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 16 - Lisa

“Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.   

I will shout it to the mountain tops I love Martin Luther King Jr.  I cannot listen to his speeches enough, cannot read his words enough, I cannot ponder, examine and put thought to his teachings enough.  No one, I mean no one other than Jesus has spoke to me as Dr. King has.  If only we each carried one ounce of his conviction, passion and dedication to human rights would we be a much better world for it.

When my family comes into town to visit us, the King Center is most always a first and MUST stop.  I am proud to have grown up and continue to watch expand my multi-cultural family who take into our family with open hearts and love people of all color.



























No comments:

Post a Comment