Saturday, October 29, 2011

Message from Dos Dames #10 ~

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball.  I'll tell you what I do.  I stare out the window and wait for spring."  ~Rogers Hornsby

Congratulations to the St Louis Cardinals.  I hope their fans savor and enjoy their time as World Series Champions.  I know it was glorious year being the reigning 2010 World Champion San Francisco Giants.

That team and year will live fondly in my heart and mind for the rest of my life.  No matter if more championships are ever won again by my Gigantes, 2010 was the unthinkable, unimaginable year of surprise, delight and TORTURE.  I tip my hat to the boys; my beloved men in Orange and Black.

I've been very lucky in my baseball life.  My sister and I lived in Chicago the year the Giants beat them for the National League Championship.  This year my mom and I were able to make the trek to the hallow grounds of Cooperstown to see the magical display of the 2010 World Series and San Francisco Giants Champions, walk the grounds of Doubleday Field and Main Street, Cooperstown where you can get a souvenior at "Shoeless Joe's" or a bite to eat at "Mickey's Cafe."  Timing is always key in baseball and life. 

Can't wait for Spring to arrive.  Let's play ball!  ~ Lisa




No comments:

Post a Comment