Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Week 17 - Lisa

Last week while my sister-cousin (we've watched Cat on a Hot Tin Roof way too much) was in town for a visit.  As my mom stated we went to The King Center and the Margaret Mitchell House which might be the worst tourist attraction I've ever been to.  Now do not get me wrong, there were some cool artifacts like the Underwood typewriter below.  And Margaret was a beautiful woman.  Too bad they were uber snotty, the tour was overpriced and our guide was insufferable. Not to sound like an old bag but she could not have been more than twenty, I wanted to say "does your Mama approve of this attitude?"  Truly this place only exists to pump dollars out of excited Atlanta tourists who love "Gone With the Wind."  Grrr!  We got to go into Margaret's apartment for about 10 minutes tops.  And the tour was over.







No comments:

Post a Comment