Sunday, January 16, 2011

Week 2 - Lisa

I'm calling the past week "SNICEAPOCALYPSE" or "SNOWMAGEDDON" here in the ATL.  My boss says I should copyright "snice"; my combination word for snow and ice if you didn't guess.  What a complete disaster.  I did not work Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday and only six hours each on Thursday and Friday.  Atlanta went to its knees between the snow and then the ice caused by record breaking low temps.  Of course all the big rigs stuck on the interstate and the idiot drivers did not help.  Atlanta's combination of trees, country roads and no equipment made for a really stressful time. I lost a lot of sleep worrying about my employees driving, how were we going to make up all this work, would we go in the next day and the next day and then the day after that.  I did a test drive to my facility that was white knuckled.  Doing a 360 degree spin out because someone cut in front of me to try and exit the highway and lost control spinning out in front of me.  Thank God for my Toyota 4Runner!  She kept me safe and partly sane.  With that being said, I did not do a whole lot of picture taking this week.  I was too busy sweeping our patio to keep it from becoming a mini ice cube, strategically parking my truck, protecting my truck engine, leaving me space to get traction,  packing my truck with essentials for when I did have to drive;  blanket, water, flashlight, ice melt, broom and shovel.  Ah the fond memories of living in Chicago and thankfully I did so I wasn't a completely lost California girl!  Here's a link to a few of my snow pics and this week I'm featuring my cat sunii and her brown glass ball.  Hey, there was not a whole lot going on in the house to take pictures of.  You get what you get.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=275532&id=756824667&l=6122ea4bb3

No comments:

Post a Comment